[XviD-devel] GOD IM DUMB !!

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:24:31 +0200

> No, but quant=1 means something like almost no compression at all.
> So it's no wonder if a 160K frame ends up at 7K or more...

quantization/fdct noise ....

> P.S. Btw. you gave us some good ideas about NOT_CODEC mode for macroblocks
> so the discussion wasn't completely in vain.

thx. maybe there is something to do in 2 pass.
BTW i've seen that quant2 encodes would skip frames even with frame-drop
ratio at 0
and i thinked my filter was totally crap and i was very depressed but i've
seen that
in fact the filter still helps XviD to get rid of noise and to win 10-15 % .
"ouf !"

i will test frame_drop ratio with a real-life quant (quant2) i think it
would be much much accurate :)
i'm not sure but the defaults quantizers range seems to be 1-31 .. i think
2-31 would be better.
because i want to try satured quant2 anime encoding :)) (with M.A.M. +
CopySame)

MarcFD  marc.fd@libertysurf.fr

PS : What is NOT_CODEC mode ?? a another name for frame_drop_ratio ??