[XviD-devel] Public release of the xvid vbr lib.

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:13:58 +0200 (CEST)

Good work, Edouard, but:

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Edouard Gomez wrote:

> Please *do not* send the transcode patch to transcode-devel yet, gruel
> is the module's maintainer , he  will decide when it's time to propose
> the patch  to Thomas Ostreich  (when both the  patch and XviD  API get
> stable).

I am WHAT? I though you took that job (which I never officially
had) from me... and I was glad you did, because the module hated me
anyway... it never did what I told it to do.

No, no, when you find the time is ready, you can send the stuff to
Thomas yourself, for including in the next pre-version of transcode.
Many users, including me, will be happy to finally have a reliable
and in particular _really_ GPLed two-pass module, because the old
one was a relict of OpenDivX.

Btw. we should finally replace the old snapshot of XviD on the homepage by
a newer version. Then we could drop the old "xvid" export module and make
xvidcvs the new xvid.

Soon there will be BFRAMES and QPEL around and having a "stable" snaphot
before that would not hurt.

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6