[XviD-devel] Adaptive quantisation

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 18:22:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, Dirk Knop wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> the thread concerning this was here:
>
> http://www.xvid.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=590&highlight=luma+masking
>
> I hope this clears up the situation easier.

Actually no. I did not know about anything either. When I look through
this threads, I read: "should be committed", but also "I didn't commit it
to CVS."

In particular I do not read anything of "I'll throw out the old code and
make the new one default without writing a note to the developers' list,
where e.g. the original author might read about it."

Isibaar is right, there are such things as "#ifdef"s and/or flags.

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6