[XviD-devel] Adaptive quantisation

Dirk Knop xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 04 Aug 2002 18:58:48 +0200

Hi,

Sure, http://www.doom9.org/codec3-1.htm .

>That's what I have been telling for ages... make a simple simple simple
>API with reasonably good default options for the 99% "normal" users who
>will only make things worse if they try to change anything.
>
>Then hide a config button somewhere, somewhere where it's really difficult
>to see (or maybe even impossible to see and just write where one has to
>click in the documentation).

I totally agree on that (and did that long time ago, too). Maybe even
make it only tweakable via registry, and set some good defaults. Daniel
was up to a GUI with only 4 settings ;) , but unfortunately never
finished that approach before he left for his trip.

Maybe we should pick up this idea again... how about some verbose
settings like "2pass noisy movie, 2pass action movie, 2pass drama. 1pass
[the same categories]".

Best regards,
Dirk