[XviD-devel] [BUG] BFrame encoder doesn't force intra for 1st frame

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 00:09:47 +0200

Hi,

> I get those results when using either divx5 bvop compatibility or plain
> "xvid style". I'm glad that someone finally confirmed that problem.
> For me, the xvid decoder crashes on bframes (even if I #define
> #BFRAME_DEC), either the VFW in vdub and the DShow in WMP.
> Interesting is that gruel could see that the files produced in windows
> encoder are wrong (shows the same there), but if encoding in linux
> everything is fine.

strange. Especially because for me here the encoded files seem not broken,
DivX5 and ffdshow can play them from the very beginning. So I'd rather
suppose that something in the decoder part isn't perfect - but we'll see...

bye
Michael