[XviD-devel] xvid + bframes and mplayer/ffmpeg decoding

Markus Liebl xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 17:22:50 +0200

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 23:37:41 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni@gmx.at> wrote:

> > 1) green smearing bug
> > If I use the default values in export_xvidcvs and a high bitrate, the
> > movie gets more and more green. At low bitrates it is not visible :-)
> >
> IDCT bug, could someone from xvid team try to decode these with the
> reference IDCT? in libavcodec it looks bad with the simpleidct & the
> reference idct but looks ok with walkens IDCT, iirc xvid uses walkens
> idct (=libmpeg2 idct) ...
I don't know, i'am not a xvid developer :-)

But Edouard Gomez posted a new version of the vbr lib on transcode-devel
and I made some more tests (all tests are without bframes )

original transcode 0.6.0 final :

	export_xvidcvs.so module + latest xvidcvs lib -> picture ok
	export_xvid.so module + xvid snapshot  20020412 lib -> picture ok

transcode 0.6.0 final + new export_xvid modules with vbr_lib:

	new export_xvidcvs.so module + latest xvidcvs lib -> green bug
	new export_xvid.so module + xvid snapshot  20020412 lib -> green bug

Perhaps there is a bug in the new export_xvid module?

Bye,
Markus

--
                     Gut geraten, ist halb gewußt.