[XviD-devel] xvid + bframes and mplayer/ffmpeg decoding

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 18:18:57 +0200

Hi,

> > 2) flashing blocks
> > If I activate bframes ( -Q 1 ), I get flashing and jumping blocks at the
> > border. At high bitrates I can see blue and green blocks.
> > flashing blocks at bottom:
> > http://www.fh-landshut.de/~mliebl/bug/flash1.jpg
> > blue block:
> > http://www.fh-landshut.de/~mliebl/bug/blue1.jpg
> > movie (5.3 MB):
> > http://www.fh-landshut.de/~mliebl/bug/blink.avi
> bug in libavcodec, just fixed in CVS, thx for the bugreport ;)
> note, there are still some blinking blocks in there, divx5 shows these
too, so
> ill assume these are caused by a bug in xvid ... (havnt checked if these
are
> vissible with xvid too)

Hm, I've not encoded a lot of clips with b-frames yet, but in all my tests
so far the clips could be played without any problems with the xvid decoder.
I've also decoded these clips with DivX5 and an (older) version of
libavcodec (ffdshow): Both displayed wrong blocks but I never came across
one block that was wrongly decoded in DivX5 _and_ libavcodec. So if you have
such a clip where this happens (and if this clip was encoded with a recent
XviD version), it would be great if you could send me a copy...

bye
Michael