[XviD-devel] [BUG] Pink Frames (still lacks fix) ++

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:04:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Dead2 wrote:

> > > In my opinion the red and blue dc coefficients are saturated
> > > by  a bug in  the bitstream  writer or  a MB  coding bug  (remainder :
> > > blue+red give pink :-) because pink MBs have an pink average color and
> > > the dc coefficient is the average chroma value of MB so...
> >
> > Nono, pink is not red+blue (that's RGB mode, forget it). Pink is the
> > channel with "pink vs. green" (which is either U or V, I don't
> > remember; the other is "blue vs. yellow". I hope.)
>
> Yep, this is the same problem as in the [XviD-devel] [BUG] thread.

Bug found, bug squashed, problem fixed.

It was motion compensation for chroma components.
That tried to use image-based interpolation as soon as #BFRAMES was
defined, but that only works if XVID_HALFPEL is on.
The combination b-frames + non-halfpel is not possible, of course, but
the combination BFRAMES + non-halfpel, say exactly when max_bframes=0
or max_bframes=-1.

So we'd better check for XVID_HALFPEL in motion_comp.c, even when
BFRAMES is active.

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6