[XviD-devel] B-Frames

Dead2 xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:30:13 +0200

> > Yep, this is the same problem as in the [XviD-devel] [BUG] thread.
> Bug found, bug squashed, problem fixed.

Nice..

I tested Bframes a little this week..  To be honest, it currently looks like
crap.. Things moved the wrong ways, and all sorts of stange block stuff
happened..

Any status on this? Is this a specific function someone is working on?

I also tested frame dropping..  In the simpsons movie I tested it on it
seemed a little buggy..  This might have been other things tho, as I didn't
really try this more than a few times.

All in all, I was quite positively surprised while testing how XviD does
on anime content.. I actually think the DVD had more noice than what
XviD introduced after running some filtering (smart smoothe,
warp-sharp and a cartoon-redraw-black-lines thingie)

-=Dead2=-