[XviD-devel] B-Frames

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:42:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Dead2 wrote:

> > > Yep, this is the same problem as in the [XviD-devel] [BUG] thread.
> > Bug found, bug squashed, problem fixed.
>
> Nice..
>
> I tested Bframes a little this week..  To be honest, it currently looks like
> crap.. Things moved the wrong ways, and all sorts of stange block stuff
> happened..

Can you be a little more specific? To be honest, "it currently looks like
crap" is not _really_ helpful for finding bugs.

Actually when I enable bframes they look rather fine. They are slower than
non-bframes and they don't look _better_, but there are not blocks flying
around. Maybe you were looking at an action movie with flying blocks?

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6