[XviD-devel] [BUG] Pink Frames (still lacks fix) ++

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:44:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Michael Militzer wrote:

> > It was motion compensation for chroma components.
> > That tried to use image-based interpolation as soon as #BFRAMES was
> > defined, but that only works if XVID_HALFPEL is on.
> > The combination b-frames + non-halfpel is not possible, of course, but
> > the combination BFRAMES + non-halfpel, say exactly when max_bframes=0
> > or max_bframes=-1.
> >
> > So we'd better check for XVID_HALFPEL in motion_comp.c, even when
> > BFRAMES is active.
>
> hm, the #ifdef stuff simply is not the best. It makes no sense to always
> perform image-based u,v interpolation when BFRAMES are defined, even if the
> encoder isn't allowed to produce b-frames at all. We talked about it already
> but it seems that a major clean-up is finally needed...

Currently it always does _block_ based (hope you meant that). I would have
checked for max_bframes>=0 or XVID_HALFPEL as a bugfix, but there's no
access to these flags from the function :-(

I'd say, major clean-up sounds good...

Christoph

--
Christoph H. Lampert chl@math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf