[XviD-devel] improving data flow during interpolation

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:30:48 +0200

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "peter ross" <suxen_drol@hotmail.com>
To: <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 3:08 AM
Subject: Re: [XviD-devel] improving data flow during interpolation

> hey skal.
>
> michael has already said this, but iam gonna say it again: *welcome to the
> dev mailing list*
>
> the current bframe decoding code is wasteful; there's individual functions
> for the different bframe modes. these can be replaced by simply modifying
> the existing mb_inter function to accept 2 vectors: eg.
>
> mb_inter(...VECTOR * mv_f, VECTOR * mv_b...)
> {
>
>    interpolate8x8_XXX(...mv_f...)
>    interpolate8x8_XXX(...mv_f...)
>    interpolate8x8_XXX(...mv_f...)
>    interpolate8x8_XXX(...mv_f...)
>
>    if (mv_b != NULL)
>    {
>       interpolate8x8_XXX_add(...mvf_b...)
>       interpolate8x8_XXX_add(...mvf_b...)
>       interpolate8x8_XXX_add(...mvf_b...)
>       interpolate8x8_XXX_add(...mvf_b...)
>    }
>
>    // bitstream decode, dequant, compensate
> }

yes, that's much better. Also I don't like the special _BVOP functions in
encoder. They should be merged with their respective non BVOP equivalent,
for example MBMotionCompensation and MBMotionCompensation_BVOP should be
merged: forward mode is the same for p- and b-frames and forward and
backward mode can be also merged (just a matter of correctly initializing
the ref pointer). I hope I'll find some time over the weekend (but there's
that much I wanted to do: I recently started to write all ideas down that
came to my mind which resulted in a huge todo-list...)

bye
Michael