Re[2]: [XviD-devel] xvid + bframes and mplayer/ffmpeg decoding

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:44:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Michael Militzer wrote:
> However I'm still a bit confused about this problem: our current idct has a
> peak error of 1 (iirc) so I don't see how zeroes should be introduced out of
> non zero coefficients, not even for quant 1...

Peak error is difference between  original data and  DCT+iDCT
reconstructed? So there is no intermediate quantizer step?

We should add an application that displays DCT/Quant/ZigZag/DeQuant/iDCT
in graphical form. Would be cool (in Java) for the Homepage.

Christoph

--
Christoph H. Lampert chl@math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf