[XviD-devel] Dynamic B-frame setting

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 23:00:12 +1000

>The advantage of 2 is, that the usual scene-change check could be
>done, because every frame is P-MEed once.
>We might also use non-halfpelrefined ME for the checking step.
>Compared to the speed we lose _if_ B-frame mode is chosen, this is
>hyper-fast.

now thats a good idea! also means that, eventually the original
encoder can be removed, as the new IPB encoder should perform
identically.

*SIGH*
no one responded to my suggestion about taging xvid cvs and removing
all these damn #defs? the alternative, is branch off and work on
xvid+bframes+coolnewstuff and maintain xvid concurrently?

-- pete