[XviD-devel] scene change detecting in Bframes mode

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:25:31 +0200

----- Message d'origine -----
De : "peter ross" <suxen_drol@hotmail.com>
À : <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Envoyé : dimanche 18 août 2002 14:43
Objet : Re: [XviD-devel] scene change detecting in Bframes mode

> g'day
>
> image_mad was not intended for prime-time. i had to write a quick
> scene detector for bframes, and this was the easiest.
>
> i have tried a historgram algo (from ideas you sent me christoph) a
> very long time ago, but it didn't work too well. too many sequential
> keyframes.
>
> virtualdub's algo appears to work really well, and handles fades ok.
> ive always wanted to port it to xvid, however i have the feeling the
> algo is rgb based.

Hi :)
I just taken a look in the source, and i think the MAD is still a VERY good
solution.
the only think is to modify it a bit : you can either use a SSD , who is
better for
scene-change detection (i think) or, faster, a wMAD (low values clipped to
0)
a simple thresholded modified pel sum could be very accurate to detect
scenes
changes. That's what i've experienced with my avisynth filters :)

PS : if you want, i can code every algo you want & do some MMXing