[XviD-devel] Anime and medium noise material prefilter

Dirk Knop xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:14:16 +0200

Hi,

Christoph Lampert wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Christoph Lampert wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I was testing with a prefilter mode that tries to reduce the encoding of
>>pure noise in otherwise non-changing material blocks. It's similar to the
>>"zero frames" discussed earlier, but it works on 8x8 block level and uses
>>DCT to detect identical blocks.
>>
>>My first version is the attached modified  encoder.c
>>

>Sorry, remove the line 1206:
>
>                                fprintf(stderr,"cbp=%x\n",cbp);

sorry, can' test it:

D:\data\PROGTEMP\XviD-18082002\xvid\xvidcore\src\encoder.c(1204): error
#165: too few arguments in function call
      cbp = MBTransQuantInterBVOP(&pEnc->mbParam, pEnc->current, pMB,
dct_codes, qcoeff);

...or do i have to test with bframes activated?

best regards,
Dirk