[XviD-devel] [RFC] Autoconf/automake/libtool tree

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 23:33:50 +0200

Evening,

Well i've worked a lot on this autotool'izification and i have some news.

1 -  A simple Makefile.am seems  to be good with  very recent automake
tools (autoconf 2.50 and automake 1.6) but older versions fail because
of the sub directory structure (autoconf 2.13 and automake 1.4)

2  -  If  we want  assembly  files  to  be  included in  the  automake
Makefile.am, they must have a .s suffix else they are not added to the
lib object files  and thus are not compiled. I've  tried lot of things
to avoid  that, but it seems  not possible to  make automake assembles
.asm files.

So my questions are :

  - Someone disagree renaming all .asm into .s files ?
  - Is it a problem to depend on autoconf2.5 and automake1.6 ?

Reactions are welcome.

--
Edouard Gomez