[XviD-devel] scene change detecting in Bframes mode

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:25:09 +0200

----- Message d'origine -----
De : "peter ross" <suxen_drol@hotmail.com>
À : <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Envoyé : lundi 19 août 2002 02:44
Objet : Re: [XviD-devel] scene change detecting in Bframes mode

> >Hi :)
> >I just taken a look in the source, and i think the MAD is still a VERY
good
> >solution.
> >the only think is to modify it a bit : you can either use a SSD , who is
> >better for
> >scene-change detection (i think) or, faster, a wMAD (low values clipped
> >0)
> >a simple thresholded modified pel sum could be very accurate to detect
> >scenes
> >changes. That's what i've experienced with my avisynth filters :)
> >
> >PS : if you want, i can code every algo you want & do some MMXing
> >

> sure. i think, even if we dont use image_mad in the future, its
> still a good debug-type function to have in our image library.
>
> -- pete

ok :)
i'll code image_ssd, image_cmad and maybe and take a look to vdub's &
nandub's (alt) detection ...

@gruel
do you think you'll use interpolate48x48 a day ?? because it's a (little)
buggy and i think having it in the CVS could
help me to debug it, so you would not have any problems when you will really
need it :)

The younest XviD coder ever ;) MarcFD  marc.fd@libertysurf.fr