[XviD-devel] scene change detecting in Bframes mode

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:31:29 +0200

> No, I don't use it at the moment, because we solved the problem of
> DirectSearch differently. A rewritten ME is soon to be uploaded, so
> for the moment, don't please don't spend any time on interpolate48x48 at
> the moment.
> A _hyperfast_ PSNR routine (including MMXed/SSE/SSE2 image_mad) would
> be more useful at the moment, I think.
>
> gruel

_hyperfast_ ?? I'm here :)
the long part of a PSNR is the SSD, and you can't use psadb for that !!
in fact psadb is crap when it comes to cmads (locally clipped mads)

But why do you need a PSNR routine ?? to make some automated choices in
encoding ??

PS : SSE2 ?? i think you now the majority of the coders are too poor to buy
a P4 :)
and i dislike intel, (AMD is not really better, but it's cheaper so i don't
mind ...)

Going to work now....