[XviD-devel] scene change detecting in Bframes mode

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:48:23 +0200

> Yes.
> a) "Constant quality" encoding (distant future...)
> b) Automatic B-frame decision  (not so distant future)

i've finished to code a MMX SSD. it's faster, but i don't know how much,
because i used avisynth as test env. i can send it to you when you want

> > PS : SSE2 ?? i think you now the majority of the coders are too poor to
buy
> > a P4 :) and i dislike intel, (AMD is not really better, but it's cheaper
> > so i don't mind ...)
>
> Yes, but there are 50 Million P4s sold. P4 with SSE2 is going to be around
> for quite a while, AMD Opteron has SSE2. It would be stupid not to try to
> be as fast as possible on every plattform available.
>
> gruel

Of course, but i'm still not good enough to do blind SSE2 coding ;)

I'm going to take a look at VDub's frame detection...
i could code a clipped sad c function too, to see if it's better than a dumb
sad
in my copysame filter i used a very accurate algo, who is really good to
detect
movements vs noise, but it's far too "sensible" to do detect scenes changes
:(