[XviD-devel] [RFC] Autoconf/automake/libtool tree

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 02:31:35 +0200

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "peter ross" <suxen_drol@hotmail.com>
To: <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 2:08 AM
Subject: Re: [XviD-devel] [RFC] Autoconf/automake/libtool tree

> >So the silence about my .asm -> .s suffix change will be considered as
> >a "yes i agree", if nobody disagree until tomorrow evening :)
> >

> traditionally:
> .asm => tasm (or nasm, masm, fasm, etc)
> .s => gas

I also would like to keep the .asm extension. .s is gas and naming intel
style assembler code *.s is confusing. Also I personally don't like .s
simply because I don't like gas ;-)

> surely there's a way to associate .asm with nasm in automake.
> could you try asking the autmake maintainers? if its not possible,
> then let's go ahead with the name change.

yes there should be a way to do this. If not automake is lame and the
automake maintainers should simply add this feature ;-)

bye
Michael