[XviD-devel] Hinted-ME question.

Radoslaw 'sysKin' Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:15:08 +0930

Hi

I just have a stupid question: why hinted ME doesn't work with
max_bframes >= 0 ?
Of course I don't want hinted ME for B-frames - just for P.

I'm asking because I just finished a special search mode which will
use data from first pass as the only prediction. It's currently only
faster then full P search, but I also have some ideas how to make it
better (I want to extend calc_delta_16 for future vectors - well just
an experiment, might work).

I also want to try using mrSAD in 2nd pass. mrSAD in the first failed
because it couldn't find the real vector in case of faster movement.
If we use 'real' vector from 1st pass, it can work and really really
help on scene fades (which look even worse with b frames. I
checked...)
It's just another experiment that might work ;)