Re[6]: [XviD-devel] scene change detecting in Bframes mode

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:22:39 +1000

hey syskin,

>Will it be difficult to remove the last frame from the queue? It's
>when a scene change is detected - to current frame (first of new
>scene) should be encoded as I, while the last frame of old scene
>(which might be in the b-queue now) should be P.

you question describes exactly what happens when DX50IVOP is enabled.
the encoder logic is:

   if (xvid_detects_a_scenechange)
   {
      if (number_of_queued_bframes > 0)
      {
         pop the last bframe & encode it as a P-frame
      }
      encode any remaining queued bframes as B-frames
   }

also, where everyone gone? ircnet#xvid has been empty these past days.

-- pete

-- pete