Re[2]: [XviD-devel] motion compensation->inter4v->BFRAMES->chroma bug?

Radoslaw Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:16:05 +0930

> I can do some screen-shots, give an .avi with the problematics passages (in
> vertical only or horizontal only motion !!!!) or give you more info if you
> need.
> a another version without BFRAMES activated did not create artifacts...
> I've tried to add frame_drop_ratio support (in core & vfw) without BFRAMES
> flag, but it's harder than i thought.....

Hi. Just run a simple test - try to use motion search precision 4
(disable inter4v). If the artifacts dissappear, what means we're
talking about the same bug.

> vertical only or horizontal only motion

This might mean it's a different problem. Or, it might be an important
hint for finding the bug.

Radek