[XviD-devel] pls. help on an algo.for linux (fwd)

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 01:06:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
I got this mail with attached PDF and C-source. If somebody of
you is interested, please send me a note, so I can forward the source tot
you. Also it's really sweet "Dear Mr Gruel"...

;-)

Subject: pls. help on an algo.for linux

Dear Mr Gruel:

   I don't know if this mail could reach you.
   I feel it a luck to send you the mail. Please excuse me if I am rushed.

   I know of you from the openDivX(projectmayo) forum, I took use of the test
programs you wrote. And I read those threads that you argue with their(DARC's)
deed different from a good open kind. Though theirs are not of a GPL kind and I
have not solid cause to blame their license, I appreciate your critique on their
deed. And I repect you for that respect.

   I heard of Linux for the first time about a little more than two years ago
and felt interested in such an open source one, not long after I began to take
up the second bachelor's education in software engineering in my career.

    Since I took part in MPEG-4 related project as my second year's internship, I
contacted openDivX, and got to know of you. Since you are an applied mathematician
and I was then concerning a fast DCT implementation, when I now finally have the
freedom to integrate and complete the code, I, having long been hoping to
distribute it under GPL public domain and being rather a newbie in linux myself,
am reminded of you.

    I think you have the ability to look to it with an expert's eyesight
and give me good suggestion. Of course, I am not meaning to distribute in such a
present form. The now form is just for the direct use. The form will be slightly
modified.
    If it is possible to make it one ever useful stuff for GNU public domain, that
will be a happy thing for man ...

    I look forward to receiving your suggestion.

    Apology for bothering you if any and,

    Best regards to you.

         Yours sincerely,
              DanShu