[XviD-devel] other FDCT with fewer multiplications

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:34:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Edouard Gomez wrote:

> Christoph Lampert (chl@math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> > I got an email with a paper and a source archive for a different
> > method of DCT, including possibility scaling, which works with less
> > multiplication than usual column/row. I attached the source file,
> > that currently uses doubles, so it's slow.
>
> Yep, there's no license, but keep in mind we are not sigma^Wthieves ;-)
> So keep a nice copyright for the original author :)

The source file is intended to be GPL, even thought there is no license in
the ZIP-file. See the readme.txt. The author just didn't really know "how
to publish something under GPL".

Also, I surely don't want exactly this source to become part of XVID.
But if the _algorithm_ is worth MMXing might be easier to see from the
source code than from the original paper (which is not by the same author,
bzw.)

Christoph