[XviD-devel] todo/action list

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:03:30 +0200

peter ross (suxen_drol@hotmail.com) wrote:
> BUGS
> * rework timebase/timeincr code

SysKin has  fixed a bug when  testing his new ME.  Anyway, that's true
this code is not good.

> [...]
> XVIDCORE
> * incorporate platform independant 2-pass vbr

I'm  the man  for it  :-) with  the help  of koepi  we could  create a
simpler algorithm. This week end I have time to loose, i'll try hack a
new algorithm based on a  sliding window history (the frame estimation
will not depend  only on past frames now). I  hope i'll have something
accurate in 2 weeks.

Btw, i  remember you told me you  wanted the vbr lib  in xvidcore with
some changes. What are they ? so i could work on them this week end.

> [...]
> XVIDCORE/ME
> * permit different motion search algos to be selected at runtime

SysKin's ME is able to do that, isn't it ?

> XVIDCORE/BFRAMES
> * 2pass statistics and mvhiting
> * add dynamic fcode/bcode

I'll  add a  major modification  of the  bframe encoder  function. All
these goto are very hard to  track and debugging that is simply really
hard.  We should  try to  make it  simply linear,  calling  a flushing
function etc  etc instead  of jumping to  the flushing section  of the
function.

--
Edouard Gomez