[XviD-devel] todo/action list

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:10:47 +0200

Hi,

my additions:

> BUGS
> * rework timebase/timeincr code
> * interlacing bug
> * zero idct coeff issue

* yuv->rgb mmx, yellow line
* custom MPEG quant matrix global vars

> XVIDCORE
> * adds skals fast vlc code [IN PROGRESS]
> * examine/implement new fdct algo [IN PROGRESS]

* combine fdct + quant to improve performance
* combine quant + iquant

> * fix invalid memory access; mentioned by gruel
> * incorporate platform independant 2-pass vbr
> * prefiltering
> * api v3.

* proper SMP support

> XVIDCORE/ME
> * optimise getpmv/macroblock structure
> * permit different motion search algos to be selected at runtime

* put the different ME algos into seperate files, current file is way too
big
* qpel ME
* develop good decision criteria if qpel or "normal" halfpel vectors should
be used

> XVIDCORE/BFRAMES
> * 2pass statistics and mvhiting
> * add dynamic fcode/bcode

* don't reconstruct b-frames
* scene change detection?
* automatic b-frame/p-frame decision

> XVIDCORE/DECODER
> * auto/width height detection
> * cleanup bframe mb_decoding functions
> * post processing

* block based edge mirroring?? In my tests an average of only about 30 edge
blocks per frame are needed
* qpel speedup
* yuv to rgb 15/16 mmx code
* div3 support
* increase precision of yuv to rgb transformation
* test if 16xX transfer/interpolation functions would be faster (sse2,
maybe?)

bye
Michael