Re[2]: [XviD-devel] todo/action list

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:36:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Radoslaw Czyz wrote:

> >>SysKin's ME is able to do that, isn't it ?
>
> > correct
>
> It is? Great! I didn't know. ;-)
> In my ME, there currently is only one search. It's PMVFast with some
> extra prediction vectors taken from EPSZ. I can implement 'original'
> PMV, EPSZ or even the search that RealMagic uses, and I can make it
> selectable - do you want it?

Did you stupdy the RealMagic search routine? I had a quick look, but it
seems like just another zonal algorithm.

> I don't really understand how EPSZ is different than PMVfast - it
> looks like pmv with extra predictions for me.

It _is_ PMV with a few extra predicitions, slightly modifies treshholds,
no "large" diamond (because Alexis says it's not needed anymore).

Also, when new ME is integrated, we might migrate that to make it
even closer to EPZS anyway. I wanted to migrate anyway, but EPZS+BFrames
is a compination that has to be studied a little more.
However, it won't be necessary to have two very similar MEs. A faster one
like "ZeroSearch" (test only (0,0)) or a slower one like
"FullSearch" might however be interesting to switch on.

Christoph