[XviD-devel] Multithreaded encode

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:11:35 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I haven't heard anything about this for quite a while, but if I
remember correctly, some people tested this:

Can any of you tell me the latest results when using the
fixed quant 2 file from first pass as input for second pass?

Not the motion vectors, just the AVI as input material instead of the
original source (which might not be present anymore).

I though of using this for a "capture" two-pass mode: Encode with fixed
quant, and when done, restart for a second pass (which could be
multithreaded, the first pass could not). But since the source is gone,
use the first pass AVI as input. After second pass, throw away the fixed
quant AVI.

gruel