[XviD-devel] [TODOLIST ITEM] Bit rate controler module

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:01:52 +0100

Hello,

Just to mention  i am currently splitting/adapting my  xvid vbr port lib
to  merge it  into  core. I'm  changing a  lot  the design  so it  needs
reworking all  internals (boring stuff) but  i hope having  at least the
interfaces and API ready for tomorrow,  so you could tell me if it fills
our needs for API3.

Basically, for  all of  you that know  about my  port of vfw  2pass, i'm
splitting the  source so each bit  rate control algorithm  will have its
own file  (better to review code).  I am also modularizing  all the rate
control API,  so it will support  some kind of external  RC (external RC
will have to implement the same internal interfaces i'm 'designing', and
just  plug the  functions  together and  pass  them to  core during  the
encoder  initialization -  kinda plugin).  I must  also  extract current
1pass to integrate it into this series of RC modules... bla bla bla

i don't like to talk before showing code so wait and we'll see...

PS: i remember michael that you  wanted to change something into the vfw
port when i  first talked about merging it. But you  never told what you
wanted to change... it's now time to give me your ideas so my new design
could be ready ASAP

--
Edouard Gomez