[XviD-devel] [TODOLIST ITEM] Bit rate controler module

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:24:44 +0100

--ZwgA9U+XZDXt4+m+

Christoph Lampert (chl@math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> Very soon you will need S_VOP, too (just a P-VOP with GMC). =20
> If it's not too complicated, could you also distinguish between the cases
> "forced I-frame" (because of max_pframe_interval) and "detected I-frame"
> (scene change)?  They should be handled differently in statistics and
> second-pass.

I'm  building the infrastructure  of the  new rate  control, so  for the
moement i can  include whatever thing you think  about... but of course,
support is another kind of business.

I made  progress today  and i  have an external  lib that  compiles well
using  the new  design (i  disabled the  2pass2 code  atm, i'll  have to
remove AltCC as suggested by Koepi and other people)

The only thing left is :
  - clear the user rate control structure
  - check the external lib 1pass behaves the same than internal rc

Then i'll start  trying to merge things in dev-api-3  and make it really
internal so first pass could be achieved integrating the MEanalysis call
into the gettype() function.=20

For people intersted  in helping me to polish the design  so it would do
what we  expect it to do for  next API3... you're welcome.  A very early
snapshot (the one that just compiles as a shared lib) is available here:
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/files/libxvidrc.tar.bz2

I   have  still  many   small  details   to  sort   out...  i   added  a
LATE_DECISION_VOP just the way -1 for intra was acting in API 2.1... and
many many  more things  like that  one... anyway, it's  a code  draft so
don't look at it as definitive code.

--=20
Edouard Gomez

--ZwgA9U+XZDXt4+m+