AW: [XviD-devel] Problem with low frame rate coding in stable release

suxen_drol xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:31:00 +1100

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:34:38 +0100 "Bernhard Penz" <berni@itec.uni-klu.ac.at> wrote:

> > > I tried to generate low frame rate videos with the stable (0.9.0)
> > > release. The encoding works fine, but the decoder crashes during
> > > decoding. I've debugged a little bit around, and it seems that the
> > > size information of the header is either not written
> > correctly or the
> > > decoder reads it wrong. I attach the video header+the first
> > I frame,
> > > and would be happy if anyone could have a look at it and give me a
> > > hint where to search further for the problem. The video is in CIF
> > > format encoded at 4 FPS.
> >
> > the bitstream in question contains complexity estimation and
> > scalability features. xvid does not support scalability decoding.
>
> Thats strange - the stuff I sent was generated with XviD! Could somebody
> check if encoding a video with framesize 352x288 at 4 FPS with XviD
> 0.9.0 leads to a invalid header? If others have this problem, too, I'll
> search for the error.

okay. this appears to be a "low fps" encoding problem; the bitstream is
written incorrectly.

C:\DOWNLOAD>\xvid\fdam\app\decoder\release\decoder coastguard.mp4v out -1 -1
<video_object>
vo id 0
<video_object_layer>
vol id 0
+ vol_control_parameters
low_delay 1
shape 0
vop_time_increment_resolution 4
+ fixed_vop_rate
width 4272
height 4240
interlace
not_8_bit==true
quant_type 0
Hierarchy_Type == 0 (Spatial scalability)

-- pete; life is like a box of ammo