[XviD-devel] info about api

suxen_drol xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:29:32 +1100

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:33:34 +0100 "Marco \"elcabesa\" Belli" <elcabesa@inwind.it> wrote:

> hi to all coder.
>
> i'm trying to make xvid dev3api work with mplayer, and to make it perfectly
> work i'll need some info about new api=)

you are shooting at a moving target.. the api is unfinished.
iam considering dumping ve_xvid/vd_xvid into the xvidcore dev tree to
prevent incompatibility.

> 1)
> how is possible during compile know wich version is used?
> i need that a program with a
> #include "xvid.h"
> complie both ith stable release and new dev3-api
>
> is there a way, with preprocessor?

nope. but we can add something to either branch to indicate stability.
ie.
#define XVID_API_UNSTABLE

> 2) how to use rr new feature?
> simply enabling rr-global and rr in each frame?

to enable RRV mode, you must set
	xparam.global |= XVID_GLOBAL_REDUCED
during codec creation, and set
	xframe.general |= XVID_REDUCED
for each frame you want encoded as reduced.

rrv is experimental, and will not be dealt with until more pressing
issues are resolved.

-- pete; life is like a box of ammo