[XviD-devel] pre0 milestone

James Hauxwell xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:30:57 -0000

Koepi,

> Jim,
> are you proposing we just code for your needs?

No, most defiantly not.  However I am aware that the individuals, who
hang out here, will accept that their xvid encode will not play on their
stand alone DVD player, due to a non compliant bitstream.  Unfortunately
the 99.99% of the people who are interested in decoding video, don't
necessarily understand it.  What I am afraid of is that the codec will
loose out in the mainstream as the general public will loose confidence
in it, and that would be a real big shame.

If this route was pursed, then I believe it could be marked by a
user_data() section in the code 6.2.2.1, to allow any hardware players
to gracefully decline to play the disk.

Just my opinion

Jim