[XviD-devel] pre0 milestone

ming,zhong xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:33:30 +0800

HI,all!

======= 2002-12-16 20:43:00 您在来信中写道:=======

>Message: 4
>Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:01:49 +0100 (MET)
>From: "Vincent GOMEZ" <ed.gomez@wanadoo.fr>
>To: <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
>Subject: Re: [XviD-devel] pre0 milestone
>
>Christoph said:
>> MPEG-4 Profile were invented for interchangability and lets stick to
>> that. Instead of adding features, we should make existent ones usable.
>
>Just my 2Euro Cent contribution as stable tree "maintainer"...
>
>1- standard features must be tuned, tweaked, speeded up, reworked,
>    {put here a possible  action on standard feature} .
  yes,,i think the possible stable release such as 1.0 which can implement advance simple profile is as important as the new features!
in fact we can do that already,,i think we should care about more than technology itself!
>2- XviD should be documented (remember OpenDivX and the lack of internals documentation ?)
absolute right!
i am not an expert in this field ,,just 3-4 months exprience,,i found the xvid  codec's structure is much better than opendivx and others,,but the documents is really rare,,made me sometimes have troubles in reading the code,,here and there.
if someone can point me more info about that ,,i would like to do the documentation work

>3- non standard features MUST be banned. Period.
>Don't forget that XviD aims to be a MPEG4 codec (read the README file) not a MPEG4-like bloated software (we already have DivX out there for that role :-).

yes,,standard is standard,,
even in the category of standard,,a lot of works are to be done ,,

>--
>Edouard Gomez

                                              sam
										zm1979@citiz.net