[XviD-devel] asm

Radek Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 01:25:07 +1030

Hello,

Recent asm optimizations made me look at the current state of sad16v
function.
I can see that the only fully asm-ed sad16v is xmm-ed one. It's fine
with me (although I wouldn't mind having it athlon-optimized as well),
but for every non xmm-ed architecture sad16v will be pretty slow.

Please keep in mind that sad16v is the base of current P-frame motion
search. It's actually the only sad function used there (apart from
sad8, but sad8 is used much less).

I'm afraid that xvid is quite slow on non-xmmed machines at the
moment... :( and I mean different processors than x86 too.

Radek