[XviD-devel] [BUG] Stable - Fix probably needed in unstable too

Martin Thierer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 22:38:56 +0100

On Friday 20 December 2002 00:07, Edouard Gomez wrote:
> I received 2 mails last week reporting me this bug. They got lost in my
> "per month automatic" backup. The bug is quite simple, vlc_init is
> supposed to initialise arrays of 64*2048*2 == 524288 elements but
> intra_table and inter_table are only 524032 (? why that value ?)
>
> I don't know why but this bug was not detected by neither valgrind on
> GNU/linux nor Purify on Win32 platforms when declared as global arrays.
> We already spoted that bug when declaring theese arrays as static but
> only on Win32. We thought it was MSVC compiler mistake and switched back
> to global arrays.

I think there's even more wrong in this function. Please check my posts

  http://list.xvid.org/pipermail/xvid-devel/2002-September/000902.html

and

  http://list.xvid.org/pipermail/xvid-devel/2002-September/000950.html

(Although I have to admit that I was wrong about the right array size :-).

Bye,

Martin