[XviD-devel] a newbie question,,setuping xivd in linux os

ming,zhong xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 14:39:17 +0800

hi,,all
          i download the nasm and successfully make -f makefile.linuxx86 and make install(just do cp libxivdcore.so,libxvidcore.a to /usr/local/lib and run ldconfig)
		  then i go to /examples run make,,everything is ok,,and no target for make install,,
		  but when i run "bzip2 -dc cactus.pgm.bz2 | ./xvid_encraw -t 1"or"./xvid_encraw -t 1 -i cactus.pgm -m "  which are from the README,,it saids error when load libraries:libxvidcore.so,can not open
		 can anybody give me some hint of what'worng?in fact i am new to linux and new to xvid,,
		 my os is redhat 7.3,,and i used the stable release xvid 0.9
		 and i have heard of a software named transcode,,who can give me some info about that
		 thanks for u reading,,

                  samclock
        mzhong2002@sina.com
          2002-12-25