[XviD-devel] [BUG] Stable - Fix probably needed in unstable too

Marco Al xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 09:52:03 +0100

suxen_drol wrote:

> regarding vlcs. xvid currently used a rough mix of pre-calculated tables,
> and hardcoded tables (ie. borrowed from mpeg-4 implementations).
> i'd prefer someday to have everything pre-calculated and init time.
>
> skal: were you working on some extra fast vlc routines?

I did a clone of Skal's code using no precalculated tables apart from the
max_run/level tables, I didnt think it was worth the bother to initialize them
at start up they are compact enough as is. The code is actually a little slower,
Skal said his version was too, it is prettier though :) It might perform better
when compiled with GCC, theres quite a few conditional assignment operators in
there.

Wrote it for stable, if there is any interest it would be trivial to port.

Files are at http://dikkiedik.student.utwente.nl/~marco/newvlc/

Marco

PS. does putting static inline functions in .h files really do any good?