[XviD-devel] TO SUXEN DROL , you asked me to post here for mplayer-xvid patch using XVIDLOWDELAY

Marco "elcabesa" Belli xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:54:31 +0100

>hi.
>
>> 1)
>> you need XVID_DEC_LOWDELAY..couse elsewhere xvid can return an empty
>image...
>> and make mplayer crash=(
>
>mplayer+xvid should not crash without LOWDELAY set.
>if it does, then please post some details to xvid-devel.
>
>LOWDELAY is used to indicate low-delay decoding environments (ie.
>video-for-windows), where immediate frame delivery is required. it is
>not meant for mplayer.
>
>> 2)
>> XVID_DEC_DEBLOCKY and XVID_DEC_DEBLOCKUV are for the new stuff reducded ,
>that
>> encoded crominance at reduced resolution
>
>incorrect; DEBLOCKY/UV is totally optional.
>reduced resolution streams will decode correctly with-or-without
>DEBLOCKY/UV set.
>
>> 3)
>> inside xvid.h there is a #define for the api version.. so a simple
>> so a simple preprocessor can be used to make it compile=)
>
>there is a good reason why we called the dev branch
>dev-api-3. the api is being upgraded... among other things.
>when things settle down the version macro & dox will be updated.
>
>cheers,

hi i'm the autor of the patch...=)

point 2 and 3 are as you told=)

point 1 .

if i encode a dvd using dev3api and bframes mplayer crash plaing the first
image, i'm encoding without
XVID_GLOBAL_PACKED
XVID_GLOBAL_DX50BVOP

should i enable some if them?
mencoder simply enable bframes=)

and i think that it need that every call to xvid_encore() will return an non
empty image....

i saw that without XVID_DEC_LOWDELAY xvid canr return an empty image... and so
i enabled it, and mplayer stop crashing =)

tell me if there is something wrong.. couse i'm triing to make it owrk.. but
dev3api is not documented in doc... and i'm make all i cant... but somethings
i does it wrong=)