[XviD-devel] PATCH: Per slices rendering

Alban Bedel xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 20:29:02 +0200

Hi Christoph Lampert,

on Sun, 7 Jul 2002 20:07:28 +0200 (CEST) you wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Alban Bedel wrote:
>
> > Hi Christoph Lampert,
> >
> > on Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:48:41 +0200 (CEST) you wrote:

> > > Are you sure there is a real difference to XVID_CSP_USER format which was
> > > inspired by Mplayer, too? Both seem to simply return the pointers to
> > > internal buffer instead of copying mem.
> >
> > With XVID_CSP_USER you can access the internal buffer of xvid. Then you need to
> > copy it to video memory. In this version xvid only copy the modified MB to a
> > buffer provided by the host app (ussally in video memory) thus avoiding a few
> > unneded copy. And as the copy append during the decoding the data might be
> > copied from the L2 cache wich give more speedup. A few benchmaks :
>
> I see. That looks fine. Does Mplayer has to be modified to support this
> version of XviD, too? Or is this in Mplayers CVS already?

It's not in cvs as i don't want to add it while the requiered change are not in xvid cvs.
So as soon as i'm allowed to commit this (or something similar) MPlayer will support
it.
	Albeu