[XviD-devel] PATCH: Per slices rendering

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 21:35:58 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christoph Lampert" <chl@math.uni-bonn.de>
To: <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: [XviD-devel] PATCH: Per slices rendering

MB to a

> > > I see. That looks fine. Does Mplayer has to be modified to support
this
> > > version of XviD, too? Or is this in Mplayers CVS already?
> >
> > It's not in cvs as i don't want to add it while the requiered change are
not in xvid cvs.
> > So as soon as i'm allowed to commit this (or something similar) MPlayer
will support
> > it.
> > Albeu
>
> To all:
>
> Albeu's patch doesn't seem to break anything. Are there any objections
> against commiting it?

Hm. I like the idea, but I don't like that the patch breaks the seperation
between image.c and decoder.c. copy_slice is a function that belongs to
image_output, it's a function like yv12_to_yuv with the difference that it
only copies parts of the image. So I don't like that an image_output
function is merged with inner decoder functions (mb_intra/mb_inter), that's
no good style.

But I've thought about how this problem could be solved and I think I had a
very good idea. It should be possible to implement exactly the functionality
Albeu wants, keep the seperation between image.c and decoder.c and
additionally even further speed up our decoder. But as always with wonderful
ideas, maybe I missed something and I have no time to try my idea before
tomorrow...

Michael