[XviD-devel] Request: optimized version of image_setedges

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 12:13:48 +1000

>From: "Michael Militzer" <michael@xvid.org>
>To: <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
>Subject: Re: [XviD-devel] Request: optimized version of image_setedges
>Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 00:30:38 +0200

the code "inside" each of the FrameCode[I,P,B] loops is going to be the same
for non-smp and smp. why not place these in individual function. such as
FrameCode[I,P,B]_MB?

i'am in favour of adding a 'num_thread' field to XVID_ENC_PARAM when #def
SMP. if num_thread <= 0 then use non-smp, else smp.

-- pete