[XviD-devel] Slice rendering : 2 edition

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:29:45 +1000

>From: Alban Bedel <albeu@free.fr>
>To: Xvid Dev <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
>Subject: [XviD-devel] Slice rendering : 2 edition
>Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:13:16 +0200
>

>Hi all,
>
>I redone my patch. The main the change is to move the copy function to
>image.c as
>requested. I also added the possiblity to render at the MB level. Here
>rendering
>at the MB a level is a little bit slower (~1 sec more to decode 2500 frame)
>but
>ymmv. As usual comments are awaited with impatience ;)
>	Albeu
><< slices4 >>

i dont have a unix box to test test this on (well i do, but its 486).
just looking at the .patch, my comments are:

- why do you need stride copy?
simply call output_mb() at the end of the decoder_mbinter() and
decoder_mbintra() functions.

- output_mb performance could be improved by using xvid's transfer8x8_copy
funptr instead of the for-memcpy-loop's. we dont have a
transfer16x16_mmx/sse2, yet.

this patch receives my blessing.

OT: btw, is anyone maintaining a win32 mplayer build?

-- pete