Re[2]: [XviD-devel] 15% faster search16, if anyone is interested

Radoslaw Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:09:06 +0930

Hi

MM> could someone else verify sysKin's results please?

I verified them. forget it ;)) I was wrong.
The code was faster, but not because of early termination (of course).
It was faster because of all other changes I've done. Possibly because
I use CHECK_CANDIDATE function instead of macro. Maybe because I
changed some variables from int32_t type to int (you know, vector
struct is made of two int-s, not int32_t-s).

I finished my reorganisation of PMVfast. For non-inter4v mode it's a
bit faster, and gives a bit better PSNR. Both are the results of my
skip-macroblock decision (at least I think so).
I've included inter4v support already, but it doesn't work (ugly
artifacts, probably a result of wrong predictions or wrong vector
ranges).

My next step is finishing it, and I'll send you the results as soon as
I can. The step after this is to include mrSAD in it.

I'll keep you informed, ask any questions you might have.

Radek 'sysKin' Czyz