[XviD-devel] I'm stupid :/

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 00:51:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Radoslaw 'sysKin' Czyz wrote:

Hi!
This is much good news. I'll look into the source later...

> Please test it, I didn't do real tests (just some). Then, please
> forget it. I'm going to use mrSAD for ME, it's just better (at least
> in theory). Then, please tell me what do you think :)

Why are you so sure mrSAD is better? After all, you throw away some
information (absolute lumi) when using it. I am very sure that in
scenes with changes in brightness mrSAD is better than SAD, but in
general I would not say so.
Also, I guess you read that mrSAD has a more difficult error landscape
with many more local minima. How are you going to avoid
those? The hierarchical subsampling idea?

Christoph

--
Christoph H. Lampert chl@math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf