[XviD-devel] Bframes almost finished

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 01:23:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, peter ross wrote:
> does the same problem occur when max_bframes=1? are you using
> dx50bvop-compatiblity? iam fairly sure there's a problem with
> dx50bvop-compatibility when max_bframes > 1.

Yes, same with max_bframes=1, almost the same positions (so it does not
depend on # of B-frames so far).

No, I', not doing dx50 compatability.

> it also looks like you're using packed mode. for testing, i would advise
> against PACKED and DX50BVOP encoding, and just use msfdam for decoding.
> - PACKED groups P and B frames together in the one bitstream segment, AND
> adds NVOPS *with previously use timestamps* to remain compatible with divx5.
> - DX50BVOP prevents the use of an I-frames as a future reference.

Yes, I did packed, because it was easier to implement into xvid_stat.c
I'll try without to see what happens. However, I don't use msfdam for
decoding because it does not compile on Linux. MoMuSys does compile, but
it crashes...

> the last time i looked at the xvid bframes decoder, it did NOT handle packed
> bitstreams. iam planning to fix it, eventually.

I just tested unpacked. It behaves differently (better) but after a while
strange things happen, too.

Well, I'll see...

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6