[XviD-devel] nothing important

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:34:49 +0200

My pb is that i have MSVC++ SP4+PP (and not SP5) and i don't have the DShow
SDK so i'm unable to compile XviD
BUT i've a keyboard so i'm able (and i want) to code
(a coder more is always a coder more, and i'm learning pretty fast (i've
wrote 2 very little avs plugins in C++ ))
So if there is a part of the code i can load and write some lines :) (I'm a
C++ coder and not a C coder )
i've here some questions (if so could give answers, thx)
- From what i saw, XviD is coded in C, and not in C++ (right?).
- Are the H.26l specs  Object-oriented (it's why i understood but maybe i'm
wrong :(
- The day XviD would use the H.26l specs (if they are in the MPEG-4
standard), would you rewrite the code (or it's already object-based)
I've looked in the code but i think a coder can give me better answers (and
i want to be sure)

MarcFD  marc.fd@libertysurf.fr