[XviD-devel] nothing important

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:36:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Marc FD wrote:

> > We Linux users don't need the DShow or VfW stuff. We are happy with
> > the core itself, which we use as a dynamic library. The only bad thing is
> > that applications have to know about XviD API (or at least DivX4 API,
> > because of the compatiblity mode).
>
> I really liked to use a direct-XviD-api-using win app.
> does it exist ?

You mean Windows application using the XviD-API? Only for testing,
like in the examples directory. Normally you can use programs like
VirtualDub to test encoding and any media player for decoding.

As Pete wrote, you don't need DX for that! Simply compile the xvid part
and install using the .inf file. Then you can use XviD in normal
Windows programs.

> I should test the decoder/encoder samples.
> I hope i don't need the DX sdk to compile them :(
>
> PS : How do you all calc the PSNR ?? to hand ?? :)))

Look into the example files, e.g. xvidcore/examples/xvid_stat.c
there are a) routines for PSNR and b) routines how to encode
and decode using XviD API (C style, of course).

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6